Once you’ve made your offer and have completed the inspection process, you’re in the “home” stretch! ….Step #7.
BUT, in order to ensure that you don’t put your closing date, or your mortgage at risk, you have a few pre-closing responsibilities that you’ll need to be mindful of.
- Staying in control of your credit and finances. If you are tempted to make any large purchases during this time, it’s best to talk to your lender first.
- Keeping in touch with me, your agent, and your lender….. meaning; return all phone calls and completing paperwork promptly.
- Communicating with me at least once or twice a week, and verifying with your lender that all mortgage funding steps are completed.
- Conducting a final walk-through of the home with your agent.
- Confirming with me, your home insurance professional, and lender that you have the settlement statement, certified funds, and evidence of insurance lined up prior to closing.
Only 1 more step to go!!!!!